Wyverndale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half-Elves in Wyverndale

2 posters

Go down

Half-Elves in Wyverndale Empty Half-Elves in Wyverndale

Post by Liqcrys Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:10 pm

Dear DM,

I'm in a relationship with a half-elf, and its starting to get more serious. He's the best (and the sex is great) but I'm worried what we'll do about kids if we ever tie the knot. I know that other hybrids like mules and zorses are usually sterile, is the same true for half-elves? Are there any Quarter-Elves out there? Three-Quarter Elves?
Waiting for your reply,

A Long Time Reader

P.S. How do half-elves fit into Elf Clan structure? Are they generally looked down upon by their elf parent's clans? Do half-elves hold any prominent Clan positions in any clan?
Liqcrys
Liqcrys

Back to top Go down

Half-Elves in Wyverndale Empty Re: Half-Elves in Wyverndale

Post by Admin Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:54 pm

I'm glad that you found true happiness. I wish nothing but the best for you and your alternative life-style.

Half-elves do not fit into the High Elves clan structures at all. Even if the child was recognized by the elven parent the clan itself wouldnt be as forgiving. Heck Father's clans dont even recognize their daughters as being in their clan much less some deformed 1/2 breed that won't live at that long (relatively speaking) anyway.

Forest elves don't really have formalized clan structures (the savages) so its not an issue. These can proceed as in the PHB.

Half elf PC's should make a determination as to who brought them up and which type of elven heritage they have (or potentially how far back their Elven heritage was...see below)

As far as fractional elves go I think its best to proceed as in the 1970 census and look at it as a binary proposition. The old one drop is enough troupe. Certainly some dirty 1/2 breeds are running around passing themselves off as decent human folk but lets no look to deeply in our ancestry least we find some odd ancestor who was temporarily inflicted with insanity.

Admin
Admin

https://wyverndale.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down